Client: Royal Academy of Music
The original academy was formed in the early 1900’s and over the years had seen the integrity of the original design diminished through successive ‘upgrades’.
The original interiors contained a fabulous mosaic floor formed in shell patterns. This was reinstated and all new carpentry was formed in wood to match existing original features. Two desks were formed as piles of timber, each iwth a pair of alabaster uplighters. The old heavy aluminium door screen was removed and replaced with structural glass/pivot door screens. These open views out as well as increase visibility of the interior to passers by on the Euston Road.